Winter 2018 General Meeting
Tentative time: Monday, February 5, 2018-02-05 16:00:00 UTC
The time is in UTC. Click the link to see your local time.
All members of the community are welcome to participate.
- Overview of meeting
- Purpose of meeting
- Are we holding them frequently enough?
- Life in room six
- Have there been any problems we need to address?
- Are there ways we can improve the room?
- Do we have enough ROs, especially during non-New World/Europe hours?
- Off-topic questions
- Should we modify the rules to explicitly forbid “you’re my only hope” questions? That is, “this isn’t a question about Python, but there’s no one in the right room/there is no appropriate room/I’m currently spamming every room” events?
- Over-policing behavior
- Is it the best solution to avoid offering help for the sake of “this is not the right room”, “read the rules”, “don’t do xy”? Could we increase the perceived friendliness of the room, and reduce the policing noise by simply being less focused on our rules?
- Image policy
- How should we handle animated gifs? Lots of people find them irritating.
- Do we need exceptions for the type of creations that room members make themselves, many of which are very pretty and would be a shame to lose?
- Contribute to sopython-site on GitHub.
- Any other business
Why do we hold these meetings?
We like to be open with what we do in the sopython community and with what plans we have for the future.
As such we like to hold these open-house meetings every once in a while for the development team to let everyone know what they’re up to, as well as letting anyone voice any opinions they have to the community at large (be they positive or negative). If you cannot attend the meeting but would like to be involved within sopython then you are of course welcome to bring this up with one of the room owners at a more convenient time.